Rubber flooring is fast becoming a popular form of protective flooring in workshops, exercise rooms and cars. There are several reasons for the increasing popularity of rubber floor mats, some of which are:
- Durability: A rubber floor mat is highly water resistant and durable.
- Affordability: For commercial usage rubber flooring is far cheaper than any other form of flooring.
- Water Resistance and non slip surface: There are many businesses such as garage and fish shops in which after certain time of usage the flooring becomes dangerous for workers to move around because of either moisture or grease on the surface of the floor. This is a very important safety consideration that employers have to keep in mind.
- Natural substance: Many environmentally conscious people choose rubber flooring just because it is natural and recyclable.
- Easy to maintain: Rubber floor mats are very easy to clean. All the spillage can just be cleaned with a brush and detergent solution.
Rubber Floor Mats Applications
Household applications: If you have been thinking of rubber mats as big black ugly looking mats that may spoil the whole decor of your home then it is time for you to rethink. Many different shapes, sizes and colors of rubber mats are available that will enhance the decor of your place. In addition, from safety point of view rubber mats are of great help. Using rubber floor mats in wet areas such as laundry and bathroom can prevent any possible injury to your near and dear ones because of slippage. The garage, which is the storehouse of all kinds of lubricants and grease along with the car, can also be a danger zone for your children. By using rubber floor mats you can minimize the chances of any accident or even carry over of dirt and dust to your expensive drawing room carpet. Another good domestic usage of rubber floor mats is the area around the sink in the kitchen. During cooking, you cannot avoid spilling water on the floor, which may prove to be a potential threat to you.
Floor protection: While rubber floor mats are great for protecting people as is in the case of it’s domestic and industrial use, they are also used for floor protection. Rubber floor mats find this kind of application in cars where the mats protect the car carpet for dust and grime. Rubber mats are also used in high traffic places such as showrooms and shops to prevent the expensive marble or wooden flooring beneath.
Other uses: Rubber floor mats find extensive usage in fitness industry. Due to their elasticity and portability rubber floor mats are used for gym flooring, workout mats and exercise mats. Rubber floor mats are also used under fitness equipments to prevent any damage to the gym floor.
These rubber floor mats are available in various price ranges depending upon the quality and thickness. Though they are easily available in supermarket, Internet scouting can fetch you better deal in terms of variety, price and shipping.